Travel Document (Passport)
To be eligible to apply for a travel document, the applicant must be a Sri Lankan citizen by descent or by registration.
For more information please visit – https://www.immigration.gov.lk/pages_e.php?id=7
If your passport is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to inform the concerned authorities’ immediately. Failure to do so may result in your lost or stolen passports being used for illegal activities and you may be liable for aiding and abetting an offence.
If you found your passport if lost/stolen immediately make a complaint to your local police station in the country of residence and obtain a Police report.
Download a stolen or lost passport complaint form. (Click Here for Complaint Form)
Submit the duly filled complaint form together with Police report to the Embassy of Sri Lanka.
Embassy of Sri Lanka shall transmit to the Immigration Department in Sri Lanka the details of the stolen or lost passports. Upon receipt of such information, Department will take necessary measures to cancel the stolen, lost or missing passport.
Passport reported lost or stolen can no longer be used for travel. The details of cancellation will be automatically shared worldwide to avoid misuse. Never use the lost or stolen passport again, even you find it later, after making a complaint. You are strongly advised to obtain a new passport immediately to avoid inconvenience.
If you find another person’s lost Sri Lankan passport, please mail it in a sturdy envelope to the address below.
- Dully filled complaint of lost /stolen Passport
- Duly completed application form (Form ‘K’- 35 A). Fill the application using English Block Letters – (Download Application Here).
- Original Police Report issued by the local police regarding the lost passport. (Original will be returned after verifying )
- Photocopy of Previous Sri Lankan Passport (If available)
- Three clear photographs of 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. (Please attach clear photographs with full front face, both ears visible, without covering face by hair and without spectacles. Photographs should be taken within 03 months. Photos should not be gloss or semi-gloss.)
- Original Birth Certificate (translations not accepted).
- Original Sri Lanka National Identity Card (N.I.C) or driving license.
- Original Marriage Certificate (only for female applicants if the surname of the husband should be included in the passport: Optional).
- Academic and Employment certificates (if the profession is needed to be included in the passport: optional).
- Dual Citizenship certificate (if applicable)
(Original documents will be returned to the applicant upon verifying the authenticity)
Application Fee: 11550 THB
All payments should be made through the Consular Counter only by cash (currency: THB) The Embassy does not accept payments made by cheques/credit/debit cards.
If you need to make a bank transfer in case of difficulty in paying through the counter, please contact the Embassy for instructions. Bank charges may apply.
Please note that according to the financial regulations of Sri Lanka, the fee paid will NOT be refunded.
- +66 2 105 4851