Registration of Death
For more information please visit – https://www.rgd.gov.lk/web/index.php/en/services/civil-registration/death-registration.html#registration-of-death-occurred-at-a-foreign-country
Declaration of Death
Who eligible to apply for registration of a death:
- The nearest relative of the deceased who was present at the time of the death or the person in attendance to the last illness of the deceased.
- A relative of the deceased who resides in the country where the death occurred.
- If there is no such relative or any other person who was present at the death, the main occupant of the house where the death occurred.
- The officer in charge of the hospital or public institution where the death occurred.
- If there are no such persons, the person who takes action to dispose the body of the deceased by burial, cremation or any other means.