Travel Document (Passport)
To be eligible to apply for a travel document, the applicant must be a Sri Lankan citizen by descent or by registration.
For more information please visit – https://www.immigration.gov.lk/pages_e.php?id=7
NEW PASSPORT FOR MINOR (UNDER 16 YEARS)
If the applicant is a child under 16 years and / or applying the passport for the first time, the parents should submit the following documents. As per the new rules of Department of Immigration and Emigration, the validity period of the passports issued to applicants below age of 16 at the time of issuance of passport has been restricted for 3 years.
Note: If an applicant below age of 16 expects a passport of normal validity (10 years) parents need to make a written request.
Required Documents :
- Duly completed application form (Form ‘K’- 35 A). Fill the application using English Block Letters – (Download Application Here).
- Previous passport of the child (if already possess a passport or included in mother’s passport)
- Written request signed by both parents indicating that both of them do not have any objection to issue an individual passport to the child. (Download declaration) (Signatures of both the parents should be included as same as in their passports with their passport numbers).
- Copies of the National Identity Cards (NIC) of the Parents
- Original Marriage Certificate of Parents
- 03 clear photographs of 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. (Please attach clear photographs with full front face, both ears visible and without spectacles. Photographs should be taken within 03 months. Photos should not be gloss or semi-gloss.)
- Originals of the Parents Passports together with 02 photocopies of each of the data page of the passports with alteration page if applicable and visa pages with valid visa to stay in the country of Residence.
- Original Birth Certificate of the child (translations not accepted).
- Citizenship certificate of the child or a copy of the payment receipt if the certificate (When Citizenship certificate is not issued at the time of application)
- Dual Citizenship certificate (if applicable)(Original documents will be returned to the applicant upon verifying the authenticity)
Other Documents (If applicable)
- If parents were separated, documents indicating legal guardianship of the child.
- If one parent deceased, the death certificate of such parents.
- If a legal guardian is applying, proof documentations regarding guardianship.
Applicable Fee: 4950 THB
All payments should be made through the Consular Counter only by cash (currency: THB) The Embassy does not accept payments made by cheques/credit/debit cards.
If you need to make a bank transfer in case of difficulty in paying through the counter, please contact the Embassy for instructions. Bank charges may apply.
Please note that according to the financial regulations of Sri Lanka, the fee paid will NOT be refunded.