Travel Document (Passport)
To be eligible to apply for a travel document, the applicant must be a Sri Lankan citizen by descent or by registration.
For more information please visit – https://www.immigration.gov.lk/pages_e.php?id=7
EMERGENCY PASSPORT (NMRP)
A Non Machine Readable Passport (NMRP) can be issued in lieu of a lost passport of a Sri Lankan national, ONLY to return to Sri Lanka.
However, if the Embassy has accepted an application in lieu of a passport which is expired or lost and the applicant required a Travel Document for Emergency Traveling ONLY to return to Sri Lanka, NMRP may issued as a stop gap travel document until the renewed passport is received.
NMRP is valid only for ONE month from the date of issue.
Required Documents :
- Follow the instructions (See here) to report the lost /stolen Passport and obtain required receipts / reports.
- Duly completed application form (Form ‘K’- 35 A). Fill the application using English Block Letters – (Download Application Here).
- Statement made by the applicant regarding the loss of passport
- Original Police Report issued by the local police if regarding the lost passport.
- Photocopy of Lost Sri Lankan Passport (If available)
- Three clear photographs of 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. (Please attach clear photographs with full front face, both ears visible, without covering face by hair and without spectacles. Photographs should be taken within 03 months. Photos should not be gloss or semi-gloss.)
- Original Birth Certificate (translations not accepted).
- Original Sri Lanka National Identity Card (N.I.C) or driving license.
(Original documents will be returned to the applicant upon verifying the authenticity)
Normal NMRP 1650 THB
NMRP in lieu of lost passport 4950 THB
All payments should be made through the Consular Counter only by cash (currency: THB) The Embassy does not accept payments made by cheques/credit/debit cards.
If you need to make a bank transfer in case of difficulty in paying through the counter, please contact the Embassy for instructions. Bank charges may apply.
Please note that according to the financial regulations of Sri Lanka, the fee paid will NOT be refunded.