Travel Document (Passport)
To be eligible to apply for a travel document, the applicant must be a Sri Lankan citizen by descent or by registration.
For more information please visit- https://www.immigration.gov.lk/pages_e.php?id=7
A Sri Lankan citizen can apply for a new passport through Diplomatic Mission, while he is in another country. The N-Series Passports currently issuing are valid for 10 years unless otherwise specified. Validity of a passport cannot be extended beyond 10 years from the date of issuance. A new passport must be obtained instead. Applicants are advised to apply for the new passports in advance with all required documents below. These applications are processed by the Overseas Missions Branch at Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka, Colombo
- Duly completed application form (Form ‘K’- 35 A). Fill the application using English Block Letters – (Download Application Here).
- Original existing Sri Lankan Passport with valid visa to stay in the country of Residence
- Three clear photographs of 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. (Please attach clear photographs with full front face, both ears visible, without covering face by hair and without spectacles. Photographs should be taken within 03 months. Photos should not be gloss or semi-gloss).
- Original Birth Certificate (translations not accepted).
- Original Sri Lanka National Identity Card (N.I.C) or driving license.
- Original Marriage Certificate (only for female applicants if the surname of the husband should be included in the passport: Optional).(Original documents will be returned to the applicant upon verifying the authenticity)
- Academic and Employment certificates (if the profession is needed to be included in the passport: optional).
- Dual Citizenship certificate (if applicable)
Application Fee: 4950 THB
All payments should be made through the Consular Counter only by cash (currency: THB) The Embassy does not accept payments made by cheques/credit/debit cards.
If you need to make a bank transfer in case of difficulty in paying through the counter, please contact the Embassy for instructions. Bank charges may apply.
Please note that according to the financial regulations of Sri Lanka, the fee paid will NOT be refunded.